Friday, October 20, 2006

Oh crappy days...
I started out with an appointment with the EI people to fill out MORE forms - an hour drive each way! Then a bank apointment, then painting. Then my scrollsaw broke. I was using it and it just slowed and then stopped. It's still under warranty, but I had to find the receipt........



Somewhere in there....





Amazingly, I did, but it was a LOT of work. And in the process I found a few more moldy things, like this book that I had been saving to read when I needed something really good. I've been saving it for almost a year now, but it ended up with a very sad fate, I just couldn't save it.





The night was better, though. Jai made pizza, and we went to the curling club sign-up. The people there were really nice, and they put our names down for when two other people come in who need team members, and they are going to give us a free tutorial. They said no one would mind if we totally suck, as long as we don't sign up for Friday nights. And we could get a key, and practice whenever we want. Jai downloaded a tutorial on the computer, so we feel a little less stupid. Our lesson is a week tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. It looks pretty fun!




That's Jai making gourmet pizzas from scratch, and a shot of our local video store, owned and operated by a man named Peter, of which we are both proud members. (Though we haven't actually rented anything yet) He's got a pretty good selection, but NO tv shows, so we'll have to get our fix another way. Hmmm...black market tv?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...bad day. On the bright side, you did find the receipt and you got to eat Jai's amazing pizza! Errol says you should drop your Uncle Lowell's name in discussions at the curling club -you'll end up with lots of partners - he also thinks Lowell would get a real kick out of showing you some of the finer points of curling. Sounds like you have a fun winter ahead - practice lots!! I'm looking forward to the next edition on your blog - we'll see the rooms with colour, right?!!! XO Mom

The Mama said...

Gourmet pizza! From scratch no less! I'm impressed and VERY jealous. I guess all of the cooking genes were given to Jai. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Nice wall paper by the way. Sorry to hear about the scroll saw. What's the weather like out there now?
Karissa