Monday, January 28, 2008

Pictures and News


Hello! We have an official Snow Day here in the Valley. The perfect kind of day to sit around the fire sipping hot chocolate (which Jai is making as I type!) I've been having lots of fun playing with my new camera, but so far I haven't been able to take it outside, as there's all sorts of warning about taking it out in minus 10 weather, and about sudden temperature changes. So, for now, I'm a window photographer. I'm ok with that, as I kind of feel that I should have all sorts of warning on me about minus 10 weather!



I've been having lots of fun, though. Jai hung a bird pie outside the library window for me, and it's had all sorts of interesting visitors.




Plus the cedar waxwings swooped in for a day, and I got some pictures of them in our oak tree. If you zoom in on this picture (by clicking) you should be able to see them pretty good. I just love them, and already see several marquetry pictures looming in these photos.

I finally framed the little bird portrait I made a while ago. It looks good, I think. I'll list it on Etsy some time this week.



The newspaper article about us came out this week. I think if you zoom in, you could probably read it from this photo, but if not, here's a link to the on-line version:
http://www.novanewsnow.com/article-176705-A-Sleeping-Forest-through-the-trees.html

Other than that, not too much news here. I've got a couple of big walnut pieces I'm working on, which is nice, since walnut is my favourite wood. I'll post pics of a couple of them, as they are finished. Jai has been salvaging firewood pieces for his lathe masterpieces, and is working on a really nice little container out of figured maple right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pictures are spectacular - pretty birds (and cats!). Very nice article! XO Mom, Errol, the girls & Hudson.

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

Thanks guys!