Saturday, May 02, 2009

Spring Awakenings

Hello! Another week has gone by - it's hard to believe. One day I will get organized, and post more often, so I don't end up with these epic blog posts! Anyway, it won't be so epic this week, because I haven't really done anything except lie in bed with a head cold all week. So it's kind of a blessing in disguise that this baby has decided to show up a little late. I'm feeling a lot better now, but can't think that it would have been much fun to be in labour with a stuffy nose, sore throat, and cough. Yesterday was the official due date, and now that I'm feeling better, I'm starting to get a little bit restless. One good thing about being sick is that it sort of forced me to really rest up. Lying around and doing nothing is not something I'm really good at, unless I've got a good excuse, in which case I'm really, really good at it. So when I say I haven't done anything all week, I really mean it :)
I did get out a bit today, though, and got some photos from around the yard. We had a bit of rain the last two days, which has really made everything in the garden just burst up and out. We have one blooming tulip, and many more that are getting ready. It won't be long now!
It really does feel like a nice time of year to be having a little baby. It was so nice to be outside today, and the air right now is that perfect, comfortable temperature. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the timing is good - at my doctor's appointment on Thursday, I was told the doctor had delivered six babies the night before! Well, I am very glad to not have been in there on Wednesday night, since they only have three delivery rooms!
My other favourite part of this time of year is leaving the bedroom windows open all night and falling asleep to the sound of the peepers (little creek frogs that chirp and chirp) and waking up to the sound of the birds calling out to each other. It's like a little piece of auditory heaven.

Well, that's all for now - keep your fingers crossed for us!

Listen, can you hear it? Spring's sweet cantata. The strains of grass pushing through the snow. The song of buds swelling on the vine. The tender timpani of a baby robin's heart. Spring.
~Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lauren - if you're sick, it's imminent! Everyone I know - myself included - got sick right before delivery. My guess is that the post sick immune boost is a good thing with a new baby but who knows...all I can say is get yourself ready! GOOD LUCK! x x x

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

Thanks Rachel! I haven't met anyone else here who got sick right before they were due, so it's a relief to know I'm not alone. I hope you're right about it being soon, too :) I'm going to go with the immune boost theory -that sounds good.

Anonymous said...

It really is a winning theory - it hasn't failed me yet! Keeping you in my thoughts. x rachel