Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Days

Hello Again!  I once again find myself sitting in front of the computer with a sleeping baby on my lap.
  These days... I know I will miss them greatly when they are over.   And although I sometimes am frustrated to find myself bursting with ideas, with seemingly little ability to follow through on them, I also feel that this - just sitting with Griffin - is one of the most magical things I've ever done. 

 Today he is dreaming almost non-stop.  All day when he has fallen asleep, he has been a flurry of activity - eyes twitching beneath lids, lips moving, fingers stroking.  It looks like he has inherited his Mom's proclivity for Dreaming Big Dreams.  Although he may have gotten some of that from his Dad, also.  Jai said to me the other day, 'I don't care what Griffin turns out to be, or what he is interested in, if he's a genius or an athlete, I just hope that, whatever else, he is creative, and he has a sense of imagination.'  And I thought, 'it's no wonder that I love this man so much.'

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm coming into town this weekend and I would LOVE to meet the little guy and see you both. I'll be without a car unfortunately, and am not yet sure where I'll be staying. Possibly a night in Granville Ferry, and a night with Gilles? Maybe we can arrange something involving the market and a picnic? I'll be in touch this week.
Katie