Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving! (To all our Canadian friends, at least.) We drove up to Halifax in a slightly whirlwind trip, since I had to work all day Saturday. It was great to partake in the Goulden family Buffet, though (well worth the trip.) And it turns out that Nana Mona makes cheesy potatoes JUST like my Grandma does, so I had to go back for second helpings of those, of course.

I revisited my Grandma and Grandpa dolls, making the margins a lot closer, and I'm even happier with them now. Aren't they sweet? And Griffin just loves looking at their faces.

Our boy continues to do well. He hosted a playdate for the first time this afternoon. Good times were had by all (this is Griffin and Jonah, who play together very well.) We watched Jonah while Sarah got a haircut. Right now, it's not too bad - they mostly sit and look at each other and make funny noises. When they're mobile, it will be a different story altogether.

We've been having a lot of rainy days around here lately. Although it has made for some very nice lighting effects...

And it inspired me to go out and photograph some sheep while Griffin and I waited for Jai to get off work. There's something about those woolly sheep in a field on a wet and misty day that makes my eyes happy.

Tonight there is a chance of flurries, so we have stockpiled the firewood beside the stove, and are hunkering down. Hope you all had an excellent weekend with family and friends! I know we did, and every year we have a little more to be thankful for.

No comments: