Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not-So Idle Hours


And now the second update - what I've been up to in my secret laboratory. I made a little book! Oh, it was so much fun. I sewed and crocheted and block-printed and screen-printed my little heart out, and here it is:





And then Griffin, little sweety that he is, absolutely LOVED it. So I was pretty happy, although I will change the letters on the cover, as I think they could be better. I made up another little bird print as well - this time a little robin. Who knows? Maybe it will inspire a second book... something about a forest, maybe?

Anyway, slowly but surely, things are cookin'. And, just to show how it runs in the family, here's a picture of Griffin in the little sweater that my Mom knit him (yes, Mom, it actually fits!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great book!! Wow! It looks great, Lauren - so many beautiful pages it is hard to choose the most favourite. Glad the sweater fits! We had a great visit as well - love to all of you! XO Mom/Grandma

Caroline said...

Those bee buttons are adorable! And so is that book! Can't wait to see what you crank out next. :)

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

Thanks guys! Thanks Caroline! So nice of you to leave a comment :)

Katie said...

This is stunning! Perfect for kids, like a beautiful hand-made pat the bunny for coastal babies.

Or, for that matter, for newphews who live in Ottawa and need to experience the coast.

I want I want I want!

K