Monday, March 29, 2010

Jumping Cows


Hello Again! I thought I might sneak a moment to write an update, but I just heard a little mewling cry coming from the direction of the (not-so) sleeping baby. Perhaps he'll be content to sit on my lap and watch.
Not that we have anything super new or exciting to report. Griffin is happy now - gumming a graham cracker. This is a graham cracker grin:

What's new this past week? Well, I started up with teaching yoga classes again. I taught for five years in Victoria, before we moved out, and have taught here and there since, mostly subbing for other teachers when they went on holiday. But we just had a new gym open here in town, and they put in a lovely fitness room that was just begging for a yoga teacher. I put up some signs, and ended up with a nice sized class. We just had our first class, and I think it went pretty well.
Jai's birthday was great - he had the afternoon off, and we just spent the day together as a little family.
Saturday I got to go to a needle felting workshop put on by Wendy, our local librarian. It was so much fun! Wendy put a lot of work into it, and there was a big pile of supplies that everyone got to take home, so I played with it more today. Fun! Here's a pic from the day:

And here's my "Cow Jumping Over the Moon" that I made for Griffin's wall.

He kind of looks like he's standing on the moon, and for a dairy farmer's daughter my grasp of cow anatomy is probably not all that great, but Griffin likes it anyway.

2 comments:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the beautiful spinning tops - we're all thrilled to bits!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised Griffin loves it.. It's lovely!