Monday, August 09, 2010

The Gang's All Here


Hello again! So, I haven't totally been avoiding making new pieces, and thought I should share the latest one. It's the biggest one yet, both in terms of number of people, and in size. I had a lot of challenges with this piece, but finally hit on the right combination of driftwood, after Griffin and I took one last trip to the beach to see what we could find.



And there you have it. I know I've said it before, but these pieces are just so much fun to make. And the Gallery keeps telling me that they're getting an excellent reception, which at this point is really just a bonus (but a darn good one!) More to come soon, I hope.

And in the meantime, we've been having yet another Long Weekend, thanks to Jai's saved up overtime, and once again we've spent almost the whole thing being very social little butterflies, which is just super fun. Summer's such a social season here, after everyone kind of hibernates through the winter (unless you happen to hang out at the local Curling Club, that is!) And at the end of every weekend, I think we could have gotten so much more done, but I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures and the colours - greeting card quality!! Great Grandma - the tattoo is temporary!! XOXO Grandma

Monica said...

Lauren...I'm loving your driftwood creation! Which gallery do you have your work? See you tomorrow, park photo is printed and ready to go.
~monica