Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Father's Day Update


Hello! Happy Father's Day! So far, we have done nothing but enjoy each other's company today. How lovely! Griffin gave Jai a sleep-in this morning (all the way to quarter after seven!) and woke up in a glorious, ridiculous, very playful mood.
He is absolutely loving being outside so much. We've been picking strawberries in our yard, and the yards of our friends. And slowly but surely, I've been getting some plants in the ground. We had drastic plans for our garden this year, and they are coming along nicely. Fingers crossed we'll be able to keep on top of it all (although I can't really say that I'm "on top of it" at the moment, still having not planted any of the corn. Sigh.)

And Griffin got his first haircut this week. These aren't the best pictures to show it off, I'll try and get some better ones. I'd been putting it off, not sure how he would feel about the whole thing, and truthfully he didn't really need it yet. But we were talking about it a couple of mornings ago, and he wanted to try it, so I ran and got the scissors. He loved it! He kept saying "more! more!" and crying when I tried to put the scissors away. Pretty cute. I don't know if he'll always feel that way - especially about the "mom cut" - but I hope he does! And ever since he got his hair cut, he's been much more curious about hair in general. He's starting to come up with some pretty outrageous sayings and words. Jai and I have had a few moments of staring at each other and saying, "did you teach him that?"

Also, fit in amongst all the other things, I managed to finish a couple of new pieces. My friend Sarah commissioned me to do some pieces using photographs of her Great-Grandmother and Great-Grandfather for her Grandmother's birthday. It was really fun to have an excuse to get out in the shop again, and I managed to finish up another couple of pieces that have been languishing since winter. I'll post more pics soon, but these are Sarah's:

As usual the To-Do list is about a mile long, but I hope that never stops me from doing the important things - spending time with friends and family, and making time for myself, too. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi - love the haircut! Really, really like the pieces - the use of the cork and twig as props is great - a woman's work is never done,huh? Have a great week! XOXO us