Monday, June 27, 2011

Jam-Packed!


Hello! Another week has passed! It seems we are as busy as ever. The biggest news is our new roof. I haven't got any pictures of it yet, but really, it looks pretty much the same. Jai and I were saying we wish we had picked a different colour, at least, so it would at least look like we changed something. I mean, after you spend $11,000 on something (gasp!) it feels a little anti-climactic for it to be basically the same. I feel like it should be gilded in gold, or something. Oh well, it may look the same, but we know it's actually much, much better. Right? Right!

Griffin and I went strawberry picking with some friends, and then got together with them again to make strawberry jam. It was the first time I've ever made jam. Doing it with someone else made all the difference. I'd probably still be working on it, five days later. Anyway, it was actually pretty easy, once we got going, and the jam is DELICIOUS! And there were enough strawberries left over to make some fruit roll-ups, which are in the dehydrator as I type. We might have to go and pick some more, since there's never enough. I can't even imagine having to make everything to store and get through the winter. Next year I want to try for some more imaginative flavours, like maybe strawberry-lavender jelly. Yum!

We went to Frenchy's on Saturday, and I bought the first thing for the new baby. It's a little newborn onesie with a giraffe flying a helicopter on it. I figure Griffin will have to love any baby who's wearing a helicopter. When we were hanging the laundry he saw it and said, "that's for the baby!" Slowly but surely, he seems to be warming up to the idea.

Here's a couple more of the pieces I've been finishing up. I didn't get any great shots of the first one, I'll have to try again. But you get the idea :)

All the rest of the pics were taken a couple of nights ago in Jubilee Park, where I did a little photo session with Griffin and Jai. It was so fun, and I just love some of the photos. Okay, there's about 70 that I love. Does that qualify for some?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics! I can hardly wait to taste the jam .. yummm. See you soon! XOXO us

Oxnard Shores TV Repairs said...

Great blog you havve here