Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Picture Post




Ah, pictures. Yesterday, for my birthday, Holly was one week old already, and I realized I better try and get some pictures done a.s.a.p.

It took a little while to get her to sleep, and then I had a very helpful helper for most of the process.

Griffin was such a sweetie, though, it was hard to resist snapping a bunch of pics of the two of them together - so, of course, I didn't!

I just love the photos of the two of them together, and I know these are pictures we will cherish forever, so I'm really glad I made myself do it, even though it felt a little exhausting at the time.

I had a lovely birthday overall. Griffin and Jai worked together to make me a very special brownie cake, and Jai made pad thai (one of my all-time favourites, and not so easy to get in rural Nova Scotia!) Griffin sung me the birthday song, all by himself.

Anyway, I will come back soon, and write about more things baby related, but that's all for now. I'm going to try and get some more pics posted over on the photography site (www.laurenkayephotography.com), for those who wish to see more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Adorable!! The pics are simply the best. Will talk to you soon,
Mom (soloy)

Anonymous said...

Jai and Lauren, congratulations! I'm chiming in rather late here, but know I have been day-by-day in touch. The pics are beautiful Lauren, as is Holly Freya :)

Love to all, parcel in the mail to Dartmouth (first stop). xx aJP

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures on both sites - looking forward to seeing you all soon! XOXOX M/J/G and E/G and K/M/Y and Fish

Sherrie said...

She is beautiful. So are the pictures - I know that you will be so thankful that you made the effort. :)

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Oh my, how beautiful, I am very happy for you all. Enjoy every second :)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I love her name. We are looking forward to meeting her at Christmas. Ella drew her a lovely picture!