Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cookies, Candles, Carols, and Teeth

 Hello!  I only have a moment before I have to go and pick Griffin up from preschool, but I thought I would pop in and say hi.
 We've been busy little beavers around here - making Christmas cookies, decorating Christmas cookies, eating Christmas cookies... Needing to make more Christmas cookies, because the first two batches are all gone, and Christmas is still a week away.
 I finally accomplished something I've been wanting to do for what seems like forever - I made some dipped beeswax tapers.  And I'm in love.  The whole process (which I did with a couple of girlfriends and a house full of kids) was wonderful - start to finish.  And the candles!  It's so much better burning candles you actually made yourself.  All the usual goodness, and then some.  Now I just need to get the beeswax from my own bees... well, a girl can dream.
 Griffin has been singing Jingle Bells all around the town.  Down the street, through the grocery store, at the checkout.  Everyone was smiling, in the whole store.  Hopefully he will actually sing it in the preschool Christmas concert!
Holly has grown two teeth.  One on top, and one on the bottom.  She likes to click them together, and grin.  She definitely has a mad wicked grin - something like I imagine her father had, in his early days.
Anyway,  I gotta run now, but I'll be back in the next day or two with my next installment for Illustration Friday - I just finished it today, and it's pretty fun.  Till then!

No comments: