Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Moment

I have this moment where Holly is napping, and Griffin is busy with his Lego, and I feel like there's just a million things that I could/should be doing, but also I just have this moment, before I won't have any choice in the matter, and so this is what I'm doing.  
 I mean, really, how nice, how rare, to have this little moment.  I feel like I should name it.  George.  I name this moment George. 

  Lunch has been made and cleaned up.  Holly has been put down for her nap.  Griffin and I have painted and glued sparkles already.  Griffin has used the potty.  Check check check.
Holly is sleeping restlessly - crying every once in a while, but still lying down (that is the test).  She has been into everything today - she's especially delighted with herself for discovering ways to get into the ash bucket beside the fireplace.  Griffin just came in and demanded a glass of milk - just a sec.
A glass of milk, a little bowl of peanuts later, and I am back.  I think I'll go now, though, I only have a few more minutes before I have to start getting us ready to go out the door for our Community Kitchen night.  Wonder what we'll make tonight?
How blessed I am, really, to be worn out by the things that have been wearing me out lately.



No comments: